Tuesday, December 22, 2009
This time of year, our weather tends to get a bit wacky.. Rain, hail, snow and dust storms are popping up all over the state and take a toll on our travel plans. If you have plans to travel, please check the traffic and weather notices at http://www.azdot.gov/knowsnow/index.asp . This site provides valuable information on road and highway closures, detours and severe weather alerts in your travel destinations across Arizona.
For any of you traveling this Holiday Season, I wish you Happy and Safe Travels.
On a side note: My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims and the injured persons from the tragic accident which happened as a result of a dust storm on I-10 North of Tucson, AZ today. This accident claimed the lives of 4 persons and injured dozens.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Dentists today are encouraging patients to smack, chomp, chew their gum for their dental health. Done in moderation and in a sugar free format (i.e., gums containing Xylitol), chewing gum has many proactive benefits. Not only does it instantly freshen breath, it helps clean the surface of your teeth while chewing and stimulates the saliva flow, which in turn helps fight tooth decay!
Dentists do offer a few guidelines when choosing your chewing gum. It's best to avoid gums containing sugar, as to chewing those can actually increase your chances of getting tooth decay. Excessive chewing of gum can also lead to potential problems with your temporomandibular joints which leads to problems such as TMD. Dentists suggest that chewing a piece of gum will freshen your breath after 3-5 minutes and shouldn't be chewed more than about 20 minutes.
Should you have doubts about what brands of chewing gum are right for you, ask your family dentist!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Call Today! 602-449-7801 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talk to you soon and as always, have a safe and wonderful holiday season!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
For more information, please contact Savon's Customer Service at 800-809-3494.
Give the gift of smiles and purchase your Savon Dental Plan Gift Certificates today!
- One - 1 hour private lesson for $35.00
- Four - 1 hour private lessons for $100.00
Whether they're an avid golfer that could use a brush up or a weekend hacker that needs a lot of help, this is truly a great gift at an amazingly low price.
For more information about this great offer, please contact Savon's Customer Service Department at 602-841-3494 or Dave Swartz at 602-430-3379.
Monday, December 7, 2009
This is the time of year when stress levels and anxiety are most prevalent.....It affects people young and old. The elderly are particularly susceptible. I did a little research and came up with some tips for dealing with Holiday stress and anxiety. Hope you find these useful! I did!
- To manage the inevitable overload of tasks and events, make a daily list and stick to it! Keep it within reason...don't try to do too much in one day. Spread it out over the course of each week.
- Set a reasonable budget and don't go over it! Money is the number one trigger of Holiday anxiety and depression. If money is a serious issue, consider giving of your time in lieu of gift giving.
- Help others......it's a great way to forget your own troubles, and it's so simple. Visit an elderly person, donate your services to a charity food organization or a church.
- Find time to be by yourself....even if it's only 15 or 20 minutes a day. Meditate (if you're into that sort of thing) read, sit in the sunshine, watch a movie that invokes feelings of goodwill, or a kids movie for a lift!
- Share your feelings with a trusted friend or relative. Sometimes it helps to talk about your anxiety.
- Exercise, exercise, exercise!
These were just a few of the remedies I found online. Hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!
Original Post Date 12/1/2008
Thursday, December 3, 2009
The W.R.A.P. is published once a month..so be sure to check it out. To inquire about advertising in the W.R.A.P., or find a distribution spot near you, email us at email@example.com or call Savon Q Print at 602-449-7801.