- Make sure your child is wearing a glow stick, reflective tape or has a flashlight when headed out to make them easily visible to other people and drivers!
- Instruct children to only visit houses in familiar neighborhoods that are decorated for Halloween. These houses are usually kid friendly and prepared for the trick-or-treaters.
- Make sure your children know to never enter someone's home or vehicle unless accompanied by a familiar adult.
- If you have an older child going out alone, make sure they are going out in a group and have a planned route so you know where they are at all times.
- Instruct your child to not eat any treats until they are examined by an adult.
And most importantly...Have Fun!!
You can find more helpful tips for Halloween at www.halloween-safety.com.
Wishing you all a safe and Happy Halloween!!