Monday, March 31, 2008
I found this article about some of the ‘cons’ of having your tongue pierced. Might make you think twice before having it done.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
- They are more effective at removing plaque and tartar.
- They prevent you from brushing too hard which can cause abrasion.
- They make it easier for people with arthritis and other motor dysfunction to brush effectively.
- Kids will brush more often because they think it's fun ( a definite plus!).
- The ADA (American Dental Association) currently recommends electric brushes over manual brushing.
It seems that the chief drawback to the electric toothbrush is that they tend to be a little bit pricey. However, there are some affordable models out there if you're willing to shop around.
Here is a link to one of the articles I read recently:
Happy Dental Health!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
I found the link to the article on THIS website, but you can get the actual article HERE.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
1. A malocclusion which is an imbalance in the way your teeth come together.
2. A 'clicking' or 'grinding' sound when you open or close your mouth.
3. A ringing or aching in and around the ear.
4. A pain or tenderness of the hard or soft tissue in and around the jaw area.
5. A facial pain.
6. A pain or ache when chewing or swallowing.
7. A headache.
8. A 'locking' jaw joint.
9. A shoulder and/or neck ache.
Although any of these signs and symptoms could be a Temporomandibular Joint Problem, it takes a health care professional that is trained in Temporomandibular Joint Problems to diagnose a TMJ problem.